Tuesday, July 16, 2013

53 Extra: The show vs Personal Fashion



I have been a good fan of 53 extra for a while now. Pardon me for being one especially if you think I am jobless. I have followed the show right from when Dolapo Oni used to close the show with her famous closing script ' tell it like it is or tell it like you want it to be' to now that she decided to change the script. Reason, I don't know. May be some one told her that to tell it like you want it to be may amount to encouraging people to lie, hence the change. Either way, I like the presentation. 

The two presenters Dolapo Oni and Eku Edewor look like a match made in heaven except of course for the difference in height. I am not particularly tall myself and like El rufai will say, we all belong to the short men and women association of the world. That aside, the show 53 extra sure fills in the gape in its own way when it comes to African entertainment. The style of presentation is clear and the show has never failed to entertain.

However, some thing needs watching on the show. The producer of that show need to draw the line between personal fashion sense and show fashion sense. Without saying much I am sure you understand what I mean here. While I am not saying they should maintain a Mary Amaka kind of dressing, I am also saying that they need to watch it. What Eku wore on the show as shown in the picture above is not screen friendly at all especially for a presenter who has the intention of seating down. For a presenter the dress is lovely only if you don't have the intention of seating down.

I am sure on this one I don't need to say much because am a fan. Bias right?

No comments: