Monday, October 14, 2013

Denrele 'the crazy one' Edun-one art, many languages. What will he beremembered for?


I know that when people see the type of topic I have above, the first question that comes to mind is, is he dead? No Denrele is still alive and kicking. The next question will be, is he terminally ill? The answer again is, nothing like that so let not your heart be troubled. However, I was looking at his pictures online and reflecting about the this being. I tried to relate his today with his yesterday and I wonder if anything changed. When I say his yesterday, I refer to his days in the university of Lagos. In those days, I saw a being with the potential we now see today. I say this because even in those days, he walked like a lone ranger. He cared less what people said. Whether it affected him or not he said nothing. Most Of the times I saw him, he was alone. His hair was different, unusual for a man to have such long hair. I remembered one student in those days said, what is he keeping this hair for? Am sure that if that lady is still alive today, she has her answer already. Today, many who know him know him for different things ranging from what he does to who he truly is. Many know him 
personally so they wonder less. However,many only know him based on what we see on television. Is
 he a sad being beyond what we see on television or perhaps a very happy being . That is not what I 
wonder about. what I wonder about is this , looking at his pictures, the art they represent and the crazy nature they portray though not what they mean,  I ask, what will the world remember this being for? Many people in the entertainment industry love him and will like their children to be as successful as him, but none will want to have them dress like him. Is it a case of them loving him but hating his art? That again is not what I wonder about! I looked at his online pictures and all I see is , one man, different languages, but the question to ponder on is, what will he be remembered for? If the brand Denrele were to be presented for sale, will you buy it?  See more pictures after the cut...














No comments: